Friday, April 9, 2010

Status Update

Hello everyone! I know I've been quite absent of late, and I've really missed working on minis and keeping up with all of your great projects. January and February are always my busiest months at work. I thought I'd start working on my minis again in March, but a beloved pet was diagnosed with intestinal lymphoma and, while he seems to be doing really well on the chemo, the emotional rollercoaster of caring for and worrying about him has left me a bit uninspired, I'm afraid. I've also been working a lot in my garden (here in Houston, Texas, spring and fall are the primary gardening times; few dare to do so during our hot, humid summers) and on a few projects around my real-life house (I painted the walls and installed a chair rail in my guest bedroom - a LOT more difficult to do in real-life than in miniature, lol!). In addition, my laptop has finally bit the dust, so I'm unable to upload photos for the time being.

Notwithstanding all of my excuses, I am planning a return to minis in the near future. I'm attending the Chicago International miniatures show next week and taking a workshop (my first show and workshop!), so I'm certain I'll return from that really inspired and with lots of ideas. I'm really looking forward to the show and workshop (and seeing Chicago, as I've never been there before). I'll try to take some photos and post them here (assuming I am able to either resuscitate my laptop or just buy a new one). Are any of you planning to attend?

See you soon!

12 comments:

Sans! said...

It is really good to see you back here! I thought you are gone for good! Its been a quarter of a year???

Yes, please take a lot of pics. I know someone who will be attending the Chicago Fair as an exhibitor. Her name is Ilisha Heffman. I bought her wonderful cardboard house (Hestia House). Say hi to her :):).

Don't take too long to ge back here, I want to hear all about Chicago :)

By the way, I have a cat, Xerxes who was diagnosed with kidney problem and not given long to live. That was in 1998. He is still here today while all the others have gone.:)

Karin Corbin said...

I will be going to Chicago for my first time too!

Did you get the notice about the grand store reopening, tomorrow, the 10th for the Vintage Dollhouse store in Houston?
http://small-scale-tudor-miniatures.com/vintage/

It is only 5 miles from my Mom's place so I will be sending my great niece shopping there for her first 1:12 scale dollhouse. She is 6, old enough not to swallow stuff and to look after things.

Poppypatchwork said...

Glad to hear from you, can't wait for you to do more on the Manor, hugs to you

dalesdreams said...

So glad to see you back!

I've been popping back in from time to time and thought we lost you to Cairo. ;)

Looking forward to what you have to share in the future.

Sorry to hear about your furry friend, hoping it heals quickly.

dora said...

To time who do not read anything yours, I hope that everything back to normal, and that your pet is best. I encourage, do minis, you will be very good.
Pasese, by my blog Awards, I have two for you.
A Carmen hug

Josje said...

I hope your computer comes back to life soon, because I'm missing your posts!
I hope you're doing well...

Ara said...

Still missing your presence in blogland!!! I've been a little absent myself.... summer just takes over doesn't it??

Dorie Krusz said...

I'd like to thank you for referencing my book. It's always nice to see my name in print.
You do beautiful work. I'm greatly impressed...you should be proud of yourself.

-Dorie Krusz

Unknown said...

i simple love your house, i hope you publish novelty's about your house here.
best wishes
Rafael

Elizabeth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Elizabeth said...

Dear Mr. Jackson,
My name is Elizabeth, and I'm a journalist at Columbia News Service, a news service distributed via the New York Times wire. I'm writing a piece on designers of period dollhouses, and I was wondering if you might possibly be willing to speak with me about Myrtlewood Manor? I would love the opportunity to talk to you about your work, and if you are available to speak (probably by phone, if you're not based in New York City), could you perhaps contact me at elizabethcbarber@gmail.com? Thank you so much! I hope all is well with you, and all the best in your work!
Best,
Elizabeth

roshni-mishra said...

I have seen that every person wants to express all his feelings but he is not able to express his feelings properly in words but the content you have written in your post is very beautiful, it seems that you have expressed your feelings is expressed. Hi, you are a very beautiful post writer, similarly keep writing new posts in your life, our best wishes are with you. Busty Girls in DLF Phase 3
Low Price girl gurugram
cheap Girls In Gurugram
Modal Girls in Baga Beach
Hostel girl gurugram
Gurugram vip girl
Gurugram party girls
newly married Girls Bhiwadi
models In Gurgaon