Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dining Room Wall 3


As you can see, I've completed the third wall for the dining room at Myrtlewood Manor.
Click here to read the rest of this entry...
You may notice there are small spaces in the corners and that the moulding doesn't quite match up in each corner. I haven't permanently installed the walls yet (it's much easier to make minor adjustments while I can still remove them); once I do, I plan to correct these imperfections with wood filler.

I still have to install the windows; I've been working on them but they may take another few weeks to finish. Painting all those little parts can get a bit tedious. I find myself taking frequent breaks, which means that my progress has been quite slow. I'll post more pictures when I finally complete them.

9 comments:

kaydee said...

Very, very nice....love the pretty blue walls!

Debora said...

Love the blue too! Gives it a gentle atmosphere already.

Sans! said...

Hi Belle, I enlarge all your pics and look at the details and I must say, if I didn't know better, I would have said they were made by machines. I know you painstakingly carve the panels with your hands but they look perfect! The cornices are beautiful too. Please don't tell me you made those by hand too!Think you said in your earlier posts , they were moldings you bought? As usual, I can't wait for your next post.

By the way, I think the alignment of your post is a bit off (or is it just me and my browser firefox?). I see that the body of your post is way below, after the last sentence in your left margin. Blogger problem?

Amanda S. said...

It looks wonderful! I can't wait to see the windows.

Ara said...

The blue color is just perfect!!! Can I put dibs on living in Myrtlewood Manor if I ever shrink to 5 1/2" tall??? :)

Unknown said...

Belle, this room is stunning! I love the blue and the moldings are gorgeous! Well done!

I really can't wait to see it all come together!

Take care,
Teresa

Texas Belle said...

Thanks, everyone, for your kind comments - they're really encouraging to me!

Sans, re the panels, I've found there are very few flaws that copious sanding and multiple layers of paint can't fix. Re the cornice/crown moulding, I did indeed purchase the dentil moulding portion (made of resin); the entire thing is actually made up of several different pieces of moulding stacked on top of each other. I actually think I'm going to do a separate "product review" post for the resin mouldng, as I've developed a few techiques that make it a lot easier to work with.

Lol, Ara, you absolutely can have dibs on moving in, provided of course that you're willing to dress in period-appropriate clothing!

Texas Belle said...

Also, Sans, the formatting looks okay on both my home and work computers. If anyone else is having the same issue Sans is, please let me know. I may be able to search Blogger's help forum for a solution once I determine where the problem is originating.

rudoo said...

Hi! I just found your blog and your house is amazing! Such detail!You said you used posterboard for the walls? How do you keep it from warping from the paints and glue?