Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ballroom Floor

It's been a while since I've posted, but I have been working on Myrtlewood. January and February, in particular, are my busiest months at work, so bulding progress has been slow, but I've tried to still work on it a little each weekend. Here you can see the fruits of my labor - the ballroom and music room floors.

Click here to read the rest of this entry...
I cut every piece by hand.

Just kidding. I like to think I could have cut each piece by hand, but it probably would have taken me two years to complete instead of two months. I did stain and place each tiny piece individually, but the pieces were already cut: I found these great parquet kits for the sunburst medallion and the border at an online dollhouse shop. The kits were about $15 each, and I needed two for the border and one for the sunburst, so you're looking at a $50 floor here. Money well spent, as far as I'm concerned, considering the time it saved me and the overall results.

Here's the music room, an alcove off the ballroom:


I've been working on a few other things off and on, and my busy period at work ends in about a week, so I should have more to show you soon.